Bangiya Sahitya Parishat Library was established in 1894 (1301 BS) mainly at the inspiration of Acharya Ramendrasundar Trivedi. The library, which started with a handful of books donated by a few authors, publishers, editors of periodicals and well-wishers has now in its collection 1,01,719 books and 17,558 journals. The collection includes very rare and valuable books as well as many rare 19th century periodicals in Bengali and English such as ‘Digdarshan’, ‘Samachar Darpan’, ‘Samachar Chandrika’, ‘Friend of India’ etc. Besides Bengali books, the library has a fairly good collection of books in Sanskrit, English and Hindi also. The library has been enriched by many personal collections, family collections and library, especially extinct library collections. The most notable collections are Satyendranath Dutta collection, Benoy Krishna Deb collection, Writendranath Tagore collection, Premsundar Basu collection, Ramesh Chandra Dutta collection, Jatindranath Pal collection, Umesh Chandra Bhattacharyya collection, Kailash Chandra Sinha collection, Rampran Gupta collection, Bhudev Sushila collection, N.C.Moitra Family Library collection, Savitri Library collection etc. Of these collections the most important is the Vidyasagar collection which the Maharaja of Lalgola presented to the Parishat. Important collections like Tagore collection, Aurobinda collection and Gandhi collection have been kept separately in the library. The collections contained in the library are on a wide variety of topics of literary, social and cultural interest. The library attracts scholars from India and abroad as well as students.